View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3711196)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
So it was 86 and both Zakspeeds were involved. I just dont remember Rothengatter being involved but the picture clearly shows he was.
In 82, 84, and 86 they had accidents at paddock on the first lap, all involving several cars, so it no surprise to find we get confused. Lafitte was only involved in 86 therefore my wheel, assuming my recall is sound must be from that year.
Rothengatter retired on lap 24 so was not involved in the shunt, but may well have been delayed as he started from the back row of the grid.

Palmer started behind Lafitte so was probably amongst those delayed, and thus on hand to render his assistance.

Note; Unless the moderators take swift, decisive, and punitive measures to put a stop to snide remarks from MR Clever Dick GT. I may have to reconsider my position on this forum.
Then where would you be?