Thread: IMSA Race 2017 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3720205)   #474
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I was one of those arguing about the BoP at Daytona, but for this race I think the BoP was ok. If there was an advantage for the Cadillcas it was a well deserved one and not an ocean of advantage as we saw at Daytona.

However, I don't see the point about discussing BoP until the non Cadillac cars will be able to run for more than two hours without breakdown. The level of malfunctions makes the teams looks like amateurs. They have to address that serious problem of electronics soon.
To me your second paragraph made any complaining about Daytona bop moot. Its a lack of development that is the reason these cars aren't lasting. Its the same lack of development in relation to the caddys that is why they were so off at Daytona.

I mean, I get it, we have to bop I guess. But what we had at Sebring is just about right. It just so happens the fastest car is the most reliable this time, rather than intersport or Dyson scooting off at the start just to blow up. Its what makes Mazda so comical. They detune it and run a slower pace to last till the halfway point lol. If you're gonna blow, at least tune it up and lead early and go out in a blaze of glory lol.