Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2800640)   #167
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Can anyone out there tell an interweb moron (me) how to post photos. I've put this request here as it's this thread I want to post a photo.
Do you have somewhere on the web that you already use to keep photos available? If so you can (usually) insert a link to the file from there with certain 'tags' attached to tell the web page in the forum that it need t ogo and find a photo and display it.

I suspect that you may not use such a facility, however, in which case you can, on this forum, use 10 Tenths' own facility. I think. Assuming the files are in an acceptable file format - they most likely are.

If you start to edit a message and then scroll the screen up (i.e. pull the slider down) you should see a section called 'Additional Options'. One option is 'Manage Attachments'. This should allow you to attach up to 6 files to a single post. Use a 'Browse' button to navigate to the file on your computer and 'Open' it (I think it says open but I'm sure you will get the idea whatever it says) and the location of the file will appear in the box next to the browse button selected. Repeat as required up to 6 files then click the 'Upload' button associated with the section of the screen you are working with (there are a couple of options ...)

Copies of the files from your PC will be uploaded to the Tenths server and displayed in the post. You can use the Preview button to see how things will look before making the final post complete with its text.

Note that the files must be not larger than the specified sizes and images must not be bigger than the specified dimensions, though most images will be presened in a much smaller and more internet friendly dimension where possible.

So, that's the basic outline of the approach. More practically give it a whirl and see how you get on and should you get stuck tell us where and I'm sure nmore assistance will be forthcoming.

If the pics are already elsewhere on the 'net you can link to them. The hosting system will probably provide pre-formed links that you can just copy and paste into you post. Let's cover that later if we need to. As a starter if you scroll right down to the bottom of the Tenths window there's a little box titled 'Posting Rules) and in that there's a line that says "[ IMG] code is ON". (I have inserted a space so as not to confuse the browser.)

Click on the IMG link and you will see some examples of what you need.

Last edited by grantp; 7 Dec 2010 at 00:25.