View Single Post
Old 5 May 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3243197)   #128
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Your maximum price, is the same price as the Tickets for Roskilde Festival here in Denmark!
A big Single Concert in Denmark goes for around 100Euro's.

That is what I compare my Le Mans trip with, and personally, I think Le Mans currently is a steal! - having complete prices around the 250 Euros would be ok, as it's still more value for money compared to a concert, but I wouldn't be happy.

But, has only been going once, so haven't experienced any rise in prices. This might be a reason for my thoughts
Think I'm with CTD on this in regarding Le Mans as still highly good value.

I remember back in 1991 paying the equivalent of 100 Euros for a ticket to the German Grand Prix, which I could just about justify, but as F1 prices went a long way north of that it became something I wasn't interested in paying. Obviously there's a point where perhaps I might think the same of Le Mans, but as is the case with all instances of Sorites Paradox, it's impossible to identify where that might be.

Looking at notional competition I think it's got a long way to go before it gets out of proportion. In an era when a cinema ticket is 15 Euros, a concert ticket 40 or so (all in), and the last Covent Garden tickets I saw were around the 100 Euro mark the cost of the weekend doesn't look bad at all.

Last edited by isynge; 5 May 2013 at 19:39. Reason: typo