View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3713311)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
If Hamilton is the racer he thinks he is (and I think he is very good), then he should have no problem to outrace any other driver, even if the other one could see all his secrets.
I'd agree with that gert. I do usually defend Lewis on here, but I do think that his latest outburst is a bit silly to say the least. The important part of his comment is Team mates. They are part of a team, and although they are ultimately looking out for themselves, they are also looking out to make the whole team as successful as possible as well (as that also benefits them individually). It team driver A is quicker on one half of the circuit, and driver B is quicker over the other half, by cross-referencing each others data they should be able to both become quicker over the whole lap.
The fact still remains however as Mike has pointed out, just because your team mate can brake (say) five metres later than you for a certain corner, if you want to do the same thing you still have to have the car set up, and the driving ability to get the car through that corner if you want to do the same.
Unfortunately I think the cracks in his armour are starting to show, and think that this highlights his insecurity and fears that he's not going to easily beat Bottas this year...