View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1231023)   #13
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The combined Sports Sedan/Sports Car handicap races were a cracker on the weekend, I know the SS guys were rapt to have something to chase. Can someone tell me why the majority of Sports Car guys packed up before the last race?? Ended up being 3 Sports Cars and 5 Sports Sedans in the five lap last race of the day. Bradford might have caught Chris Hatfield in his GT40, but for the mother of all spins coming onto the straight......

Shane Bradford set a new PB of 1.06:9 in his fire-breathing 323 which looked great and sounded strong all weekend. Must be very close to the 2000cc-4000cc lap record. Steve Pittman recovered well in his Mazda RX7 Chev to compete in the last race after laying more oil than the Exxon Valdez in the 7 lapper after riding a kerb a bit viciously and tearing a fitting off the oil pump. Porky Hibberd had a good reliable run although the 3rd gear getaways mustavbin a bit hard on the clutch..... Luke Marinelli and Malcolm Thomas had some good battles throughout the weekend in their Rotary Powered equipment. Shane Hart displayed good speed and once the reliability issues are resolved, should be a regular front runner.

Kudos to the small field that put in a big effort to compete on the weekend. Must we start the season in the middle of February? Competitors are still completing rebuilds after the Christmas/New Year Holiday period, so it's always a rush job to be there. Not only that, we're closer to the equator so it's always too bloody hot. Our NSW counterparts wisely start their State Championships in March - go figure....

You're right Crash, we need numbers badly.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!