Thread: F197 car setup
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2000, 17:24 (Ref:20000)   #14
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What effect does changing the brake bias have? I didn't mess about with that cos I didn't really know what it would do.

I still have the "standard" 28mm discs. Again, does changing them affect performance. I would guess that 30mm would work better at somewhere like Monza where you need to brake from very high speed? Then again I have never noticed any significant degradation of the brakes. Maybe it only starts to kick in after more than 20 laps.

I had noticed that as I progressed through the season I have started braking earlier than I used to anyway. I don't think it was a conscious decision, but braking early seems to have cut quite a bit off my lap times. This is probably where I am losing most time at Buenos Aires. I tend to brake too late for the hairpin after the Fosters sign and then brake either too early or too late for that blind chicane. I guess finding a braking point to that corner could be the key to the whole circuit.

1'17 is about the best I have managed. I tend to do an OK first sector, look at the time and then go straight on instead of turning left.