View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2002, 11:19 (Ref:380533)   #66
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ha ha.

Anyway back to this planet. Sort of.

Que? You might say. The above was in response to some sillyness about organ size a page or two back - guess I should've read the rest of the thread before posting!

Living in Wilmslow I get to see quite a few "everbody stops/gawps/drives into back of each other" sights on the roads.

Saw a yellow (yellow for god's sake!) F50 in my local pub carpark a while back.

And an F40 rumbling through Alderley Edge yesterday.

Also spotted occasionally are a Diablo roadster, a couple of AM Vanquishes and a couple of Bentley Continentals amongst the hundreds of 360s, 550s and 911s...

The best time/place for seeing truly awesome stuff on the road is Goodwood or the old Coys festival at Silverstone. In one w/e at Silverstone (which we spent in a very nice Merc S-Class loaned by a friend), we followed a Ferrari Daytona, a Diablo, a D-Type, but best of all had a real blast down to the Green Man chasing a 250GTO.

And also at Coys (a year later I think), we found Nick Mason and his mates in the campsite. Two fullsize Winnebago RVs parked to form an 'L' shape. Lined up in the 'L' were 3 cars in gunmetal grey... a 993 Turbo, an Aston Martin Vantage and a McLaren F1. Which was nice.

Last edited by garcon; 15 Sep 2002 at 11:21.