View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3865004)   #1582
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
"But...?" what? Yes, he still wants to race.

I keep cars five to seven years because I get what I like. I choose what I enjoy. I could keep them forever if I desired. So when I tire of one, I purchase another variety. Has nothing to do with my desire to drive.
I can eat chocolate ice cream days in a row because I like it. But when I tire of chocolate, I change flavour Why? Because I still like ice cream.

Perhaps he's just had enough (sometimes, enough is just enough) of the F1 scene. I guess I left that part out, eh? I was taught never to assume anything....
Of course it has something to do with your desire to drive. If it wasn't, why when you tired of one of your other cars, did you purchase another variety of car, because you didn't want to drive it?

As for the ice cream analogy, of course you still like ice cream, you just want a different flavour, after having eaten chocolate flavoured ice cream for days in a row.

So applying either scenario to Alonso, perhaps he's just had enough of the F1 scene and wants to race in something else.