View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:37 (Ref:4186970)   #760
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

It's not just looking at your phone - having a conversation can be distracting as I can attest to from the following observation:

Our car had broken down on the approach to a roundabout. We had stopped just short of the entrance to the roundabout and the road was wide enough for people to go around. We got out of the car, left the hazards on, then moved to the grass verge to wait for the recovery truck.
Over the next ten or so minutes, many drivers pulled up behind the car - saw that the car was stopped with hazards applied - and went round and continued their journey.
Then - a skip lorry pulled up behind our car, the driver was on the phone making a call. They say behind our car for a couple of minutes whilst the call continued. Eventually they ended their call, at which point their horn then came into the equation and wild gesticulations at the car in front ensued. After this garnered no response from the car, they climbed down out of the cab and went to confront the 'driver'. Having found the car empty, they sheepishly climbed back into their cab, backed up and went round.

The lack of awareness caused by using the phone? The driver's focus was on the call, and as a result had not realised that the car they had pulled up behind was empty and flashing hazards.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic