View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 05:24 (Ref:3720356)   #3440
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If that's what people want, then awesome. I'm not going to sit and tell you that's wrong because it's not - different preferences for different folks. But IndyCar is a shadow of its formal sense, and I figured it might be worth hearing an ex-fans opinion. I watched both CART and IRL through the 90s and 2000s, and even attended a CART race (that's relatively rare for a Brit!), but I just can't watch the new IndyCar. It doesn't feel like IndyCar to me, at all.
I don't believe the randomness of safety cars are what the people want. I believe the majority of Indycar fans want a substance in the result that reflects and rewards the driver and team that have the most pace and consistency across a race a distance.

I also don't feel that people continuously highlighting that Indycar is a shadow of its former 80s/90s self is that enlightening. I dont think anyone disagrees or isnt aware of this fact.

What is does have is a good racing product as shown in 2016. The cars might not be a 1991 Jordan however some suggestions that people wont watch the racing due to the look of the cars is ludicrous & not the type of fan the series should be targeting anyways