View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1548068)   #6
plutoman99
Rookie

plutoman99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not saying these guys were earth-shattering, but they're the ones I remember who simply disappeared from view.

I agree Trolle was probably the best of the bunch, but I don't know if he even raced again after the accident - he's been a bit forgotten probably due to Herbert's crash a little later in the season. If I remember correctly, Fabien Giroix also broke his legs that year, but he continued in sportscars.

As for the others; Martinsson won first time out in FF2000 I think, but I only have vague memories of reading about him in Autosport. He seemed to be highly rated at the time.

Scott briefly had a Lotus F1 test contract, but wasn't able to 'do a Mansell'; his momentum fizzled out a bit in F2 after his strong start.

Hesnault wasn't great, but after being promoted prematurely to F1 with little expectation, he was a minor revelation. I think his time at Brabham ended with a huge testing accident, but don't know the details.

You say Petit never shone in F3? He dominated the French F3 championship - admittedly not the most competitive series, but even so... . I remember him racing F2, but the results didn't come, and I lost track of where he went next.