View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3607147)   #56
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOCCOWAYCER View Post
Hi Al,
I have just had a closer look at these photo's and have come to conclusion this is not Chris Tyrrell's crash, the number is wrong on the car, #60 which I think is one of the Graywoolfe cars, possibly that of Chris Taylor, the other car, #37 looks like Tom Shephards, which would make sense if the photo's were taken in 1986, is that possible ?
I have come up with 1986 as they have got Esso door squares and would appear to be pre turbo, ie, no body kit.
Oooh!
I've always believed these pictures to be of Chris Tyrell's car as I remember seeing the accident at the Woodcote Chicane and I thought (the old grey cells are diminishing) I'd photographed the aftermath.
I don't think I'd have photographed Metro's in 1986, but then who knows? Does the picture of Nigel (Boot) Gaymers car give any clues of the year. That was from the same roll of film, so I assume from (if not) the same meeting (then it was the same year).
(I'll have to look at the slides when I get a chance to see if there's a date stamp on them).