View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2332933)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well done on a phenominal tribute - excellent stuff.

I was on the campground in Francorchamps at last years Belgian GP when I heard. Had just woken up with a huge hangover after a BIG night the previous evening. Was just marvelling at where the Christmas tree had come from (don't ask) when Simon took a phone call from home to break the news. It was surreal - couldn't believe it. We had a few other Brits camping near us who all came by to check if the rumours were true and were similarly shocked when we told them that they were. The thing that hit me though was when the Germans, the French and the Dutch started to come by and ask too... then you started to realise how much his loss meant to a world who loved him.

I remember when he was driving (extremely well, as it turned out) the Prodrive Ferrari at Le Mans alongside Menu and, I think, Rydell. They were in the Prodrive hospitality tent having a team briefing and, when I saw them, couldn't help but heckle Menu (as I always did whilst he was in the BTCC) as we passed. Menu wasn't amused whilst Rydell cracked a small smile. Colin, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious and, having come over to congratulate us, returned to continue taking the **** out of poor Mr Menu. Very funny!