View Single Post
Old 4 May 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3730968)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What I found interesting was that at the two rounds I have attended so far, there hasn't been a consistent car brand presence. There was a massive BMW stand at Brands Hatch, however at Donington, I saw nothing. Again, same with MG, a fairly big stand at Brands, nothing at Donington, the same for Subaru. Perhaps I am getting a little muddled here and there with what was there and what wasn't there, but I didnt see much at Doni, no Honda stand that I could see either.
I think some of that is down to travel costs, and proximity to their own target audience guests.

For the Brands round(s), some of the manufacturers will be inviting their corporate guests who are more likely to be London based than further north.

Did you notice if Toyota had any presence at Donington?

Looking at where manufacturers are based, it leans towards more southerly focus:
BMW - Hampshire
Honda - Swindon
MG - Oxford
Subaru - Coleshill
Vauxhall - Luton

I would be surprised if BMW, MG and Honda were not at Thruxton in force.