Thread: BERPOP 1973
View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3497604)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My recollections of racing against the Berpop in the 60s was that it was formidable under acceleration and along the straights, but was fairly reluctant when it came to cornering. I can only remember seeing it at Mallory, although my memory could be suspect after all this time, but the Berpop was handicapped there because of the hairpin - there were a number of us who had trouble keeping up with it until we approached the hairpin, at which point we would all bunch up again.

It certainly was a magnificent beast, along with a few others such as Richard Scantlebury's Janglia which also suffered from the same problems as the Berpop.