View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3711551)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Given the numbers of these sorts of cars produced, particularly the S2000s, then these must have a great future in historic racing! Perhaps a separate class within the Super Tourer series to ensure big grids.
As luck would have it ....

HSCC series has always had an invitational class for cars other than Group A and Super Touring with a similar level of performance that fitted within the series ethos. S2000 wasn't specifically mentioned that's essentially where the class was aimed. Up until last year Steve Dymoke was a regular entry in his ex Giovanardi S2000 Alfa 156. As a genuine ex-factory, ex-championship winning car in correct period livery, it pretty much summed up the series ethos.

This year there's been a subtle chance. Instead of having a fairly generic catch-all description, the class now specifically mentions pre-2006 S2000 and BTC-spec cars. The pre-2006 restriction was partly chosen to give a cut off between E46 and E90.

I don't know yet what the take up will be like. There are 2 or 3 S2000 that I think we might see plus a BTC car which I hoping will be out.