View Single Post
Old 19 May 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1614012)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kipper, your list looks pretty much spot on.

With regards to other's I'm not so sure Parente is that good unfortunately - he did spend several years in F3 even though last year was fairly impressive, winning the title comprehensively after missing a few rounds?

Hamilton and Ammermuller are the GP2 stand outs for me, as both have shone on their debut seasons.

I also think Piquet and Viso will get a shot at F1, but perhaps they won't be superstars?

Below that in WSR Renault, Rossiter seems quite rated by some, but there seems to be a numbner of drivers of a very simialr level. Of those Salignon and Maldonado are possibly the most naturally talented. Salignon might be up against Perera and Gommendy as the next French hope judging by the latter two's respective performances in GP2.

Salignon has recovered his form after a confidence shattering shunt last year - so that's a good sign of grit and depth of character. Perera is obviously rated by Toyota and he has begun qualifying well so a win might be around the corner.

Gommendy has impressed me because although he's quite experienced, he has consistently started banging in results and I think he will continue to imrprive as the season goes on. he certainly was thought of as a hot shot, (along with Pla) 3 or 4 years ago so I see his performances as starting to reinforce that image.

Maldonado's further progress may well depend on countryman Viso's chances though.

Other than that, i'm not too sure who's coming through from F3 other than Senna?