View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3040781)   #1683
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
I have not been following this thread. How many British fans have purchased themselves a subscription just to watch an extra of ten races live?
Not me and I will probably just watch the re-runs on BBC as I don't often get to see the races live. And even when I do I don't always bother, literally nothing will make me sit through Valencia/Abu Dhabi/Singapore/Sakhir ever again. Besides, I like Ben Edwards far more than the 5-Live bloke.

I do have access to Sky F1 though, I got a really good deal for my broadband through them by playing them off against Virgin Media and I do like their HD stuff, always have. But I am hoping that, without my critical viewership, the whole thing will collapse and return to terrestrial. Literally nobody needs extensive coverage of car unveilings and constant re-runs of old programs.

If half a billion of expenditure gets us a virtual car, Ted Kravitz, Fenners, episodes of Inside Grand Prix and everything else largely the same as before whilst people go crazy and lap it up then I'm out. I'd say most of that expenditure went straight to Bernie anyways, for the old season reviews!