View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3683563)   #83
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralle, it seems you have finally done it. You've quoted the FIA TCN rules. Not the TCN2 rules though. Now I will be a good sport and say I have now managed to find art 262B pertaining to the specific regulations for TCN2. Of course I shouldn't have to have gone looking for it, it is on you to provide evidence for your claims, not me. Fortunately for you Art 262B does not further specify that rear wheel drive is disallowed. There is a precedence however for front wheel drive being preferred, which is shown in sub-article 601 (those are the numbers in the rightmost collumn by the way). Which states: "If the original car is AWD, the driving mechanism of the rear axle must be removed."

So hooray, we've come to a conclusion that you were right all along that TCN2 regulations do not in principle prohibit rear wheel drive vehicles, but does prefer front wheel drive vehicles, while TCR regulations do in principle prohibit rear wheel drive vehicles, but provide for a way in which these may nevertheless be certified.

Of course you have now proven just the tiniest of parts of your argument for why STCC should have adopted the equivalent TCN2 over TCR and in investigating further we've found that this part is much less convincing than you say, because what you present as a downside to adopting TCR may well never actually matter if rear wheel drive cars are simply always accepted by WSC.