View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3702332)   #56
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
DPi runs at LMP2 pace by definition. Why would it be a credible LMP1-P replacement?
I think IMSA would lobby for a weight break or a power boost ... knowing the GM cars could handle it (and that's where the big money comes from ... )

I know that the DPis were faster at the December tests than they were at the Roar ... so I know that the DPis Could reliably run as a "higher" class, particularly if ACO were to keep the Gibson engine at the power levels it had at the Roar ...

But as far as DPi being a "slower" P2 ... I have yet to see the evidence. Again, check the numbers from the December tests and the Roar.

If ti doesn't work out that way, oh well ... more incorrect Internet speculation. We have all survived plenty off that.

However, my understanding is that NASCAR/IMSA really wants to get DPis on the Le Mans grid, and since they wouldn't be allowed to run as P2s .....