View Single Post
Old 31 May 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2888857)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yup, it's almost as if GP2 or has taken over from Nippon as that 'potential F1 level driver parking lot' with FR 3.5 now almost like F3000 was in Europe....

GP3 still has a way to go to supplant F3 as the main career rung at their particular level though imo.

F1
GP2
FR 3.5
F3
GP3
F2
FR 2.0
F Ford/ etc
think i agree with chunty in terms of where series are in a top 10, tho i really dislike this kind of debate because in the end it depends on a drivers particular ambitions, cash, background, networking abilities, management, etc etc.

have this debate next year and without a doubt i'd put fr3.5 ahead of gp2. those in it who know their stuff think it's as good as gp2 (albeit missing a decent powerplant). next year it'll be better, especially if the cost stays similar to it is at the moment.

i'd say putting gp3 ahead of f3 really overrates the influence of being on the f1 bill - in reality it's more of a hindrance if you happen to have sponsors and guests and so on.