View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3598366)   #74
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "old track". The "Original Track -1961 to 1987" is what is considered by many as the real Kyalami. That track had a massive straight with a kink. It was a very fast track and provided excellent racing.
They then completely castrated that track and came up with the version that has just been demolished (partially) to given life to this one. In my view, there is no doubt it is a big improvement, but I fear it wont hold a candle to the Original track.
I'm sorry, i was unclear. With ''old'' track i mean the track before the current changes. From the link from Coach EP's post, basically the track layout from 1992 till 2015 (they changed the chichane for a short period of time during this timeframe, but basically apart from that the tracklayout has stayed the same for over 25 years). I like the upgrades of the new layout they are currently building to that circuit.

As for the ''real'' old track as used pre-1988: I fully agree that the current track isnt even close to that one, but i have the same sentiment as with for example the old hockenheimring (the long track): You will never get that kind of track back.