View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1966689)   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
this thread is wandering all over the place, as many before it have, HAving been at a Sussex circuit all day it makes an interesting read catching up . . .

I don't think Masters is too big, but they're not all things to all men in the same way as the HSCC seem to be, but its early days. Equally, just as you get comfortable with your existing series, something changes . . . . The HSCC are pretty good with continuity. I use the HSCC as a reference as they're the nearest obvious comparisson

My opinion of Top HAt saloons started to change toward the end of last season with the huge increase in V8's, wayward driving standards and total lack of respect for any regulations. all three together have directly caused interrupted and stopped races on virtually every outing in the last year, as well as considerable damage/ increased risk of damage to cars

Lots of people have mentioned this, politely and directly to JT, and under MAsters I'm sure others too. Its pretty obvious that Top Hat grids have changed considerably, and they're now more NAscar than European saloon car. I know efforts where made and words said, but was it enough? to my mind it was not

as for this forum vs talking to people, I think most of us are intelligent enough to both, and It has been commented that this is banal by people who read but don't post. Personally I find it on the whole a positive and constructive forum. . . . even occaisionally to those who are above posting themselves! We have attracted some attention, caused a few debates, ruffled a few feathers, and ultimately instigated a few changes, hopefully for the better, I'm certainly not aware we've made anything worse for anyone.

MAsters isn't too big, but its pulling in different directions and trying to be/do too much, like a crap restaurant, simplify the menu and do less better and it should flourish.