View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3768747)   #128
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCracer View Post
It's not the engine that's fragile, it's everything else! Gearbox is always an issue along with diff, brakes and thins like the pan hard rod mounting which broke on Mark Dols' car.

I did not know Roberts engine had been stripped but that gives the lie to those who think the cars are bent. Of course none of the MGBs are 1950s, none of the TRs and Morgans 2.4L and none of the 289s, 302 or bigger.

The FIA have reclassified the 1800GT as GTP despite running in the current spec for almost 25 years. The argument continues as the decision is based on factually incorrect information such as the numbers produced. I look forward to other cars such as 26Rs, SLRs, TVRs and lightweight E types being reclassified as they were not produced in sufficient numbers.
Robert?