View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2008, 01:40 (Ref:2099660)   #59
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Congratulations are in order for the Successful Thread Hijacking.

Once again, we are reading another "Why the Indy 500 Ain't What She Used To Be Thread."

In regard to finances, I love the hard-hitting "recent info released" thing. I mean, why bother with a reference or link? "In my briefcase, I have the names of 150 Communists working for the Federal Government..."

Can we purlease get this back on topic or is it a requirement that any discussion of CC's inability to succeed requires yet another in-depth examination of our respective colons? 'Cause if we are going down that route, then why not ask:

How much cash did Pook burn through in one year? $50 million? I bet Gerry Forsythe papered an entire subdivision with the RPM or MPH stock certificates he bought up (whatever the heck CART called themselves on the NYSE).

Back (again) to Craig's point: It Just Doesn't Matter Anymore Who Started It. It doesn't matter who spent what or how much or when. The pooch is screwed and the racing public just doesn't care what happens to CCIRL. We could continue to argue here all day and at the end of it, the average fan really doesn't care who the heck Tristan Gommendy is or if he is faster than Franck Montagny...

Last edited by JohnSSC; 5 Jan 2008 at 01:43.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.