View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3133974)   #268
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read very little Swedish media so I am not the best to comment, but my impression from talking to others is that TTA has appeared less and less. Understand that the big tabloid press prints little motorsport at best; a page or two reserved for F1 at a GP weekend for example. But when I've actually picked up a newspaper, there's been an STCC column in the back pages along with WRC, Speedway and the likes - but no TTA. And after Karlskoga, which has been the one really good TTA race so far, Expressen only printed a small bottom-of-the-page article where Danielsson were complaining about driving standards.

Understandable, perhaps, as TTA hasn't breached 30k in viewership figures since the second round of the championship in early June. Meanwhile this weekend's STCC race (which I visited) drew 190k on SVT. Some argue that TV10 is a lesser channel and while that is certainly the case, sponsors pay to have their logos seen by people. That you have a defense ready matters little.