View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2165329)   #55
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
You know, I was thinking about this today. It isn't really a merger imo. If it was, we'd still have PT. A merger doesn't just bring the teams, it also brings the drivers and personalities. It will never be a true merger imo, if PT isn't there.

This has never been portrayed as a merger. The IRL purchased certain assets of ChampCar, and ChampCar has terminated their business operations and declared bankruptcy. This is very decidedly NOT a merger.

Further, even if it was a merger, we might still not have PT as he is an employee of Forsythe. If Forsythe chooses to race than he will race in the series Forsythe is a participant in.

I would be delighted to see PT in the IRL. Until such time as he secures his release from his contract with Forsythe we will just have to be patient.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.