View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3797826)   #2594
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have a question about last year's race. In the past, as part of the starting procedure, the pitlane always opened some time prior to the final formation lap, allowing the cars to move off the echelon formation and to do one or two systems checking laps running through the pitlane before forming up on the grid in their qualifying positions. Now I was unusually down at the Ford Chicane last year (in Raccordement) and this didn't happen. The cars moved straight from their echelon formation onto the final formation lap - or did I dream it? If I didn't, does anyone know why? Rule change?
You didn't dream it, they moved from echelon straight to the final formation lap. I guess they've done the same as every other WEC race nowadays, the cars are parked in echelon and they set off from echelon straight to the formation lap there as well.

I don't mind it frankly. Maybe it's to avoid the complication of opening, closing and evacuating the grid twice.