View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2018, 04:34 (Ref:3810562)   #621
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Just ban 4WD and make the turbo-supercharger capacity multiplier larger! I wonder why they didn't consider that?

(Presumably) Nissan would then drop back to the R32 GTS-T model, and it's not like the 2.0L RB20 turbo rear wheel drive fitted to that version wasn't already a proven winner in HR31 form.

It still had potential if the equivalence and weights were tweaked, though certainly manufacturer politics in lobbying for this and that would be seen as a negative.

Forcing Nissan and eventually BMW out altogether was a pretty poor decision I think. IMO, the Supercars series became noticeably stronger (back to Group A days field depth) once Super Touring had past it's peak and some great entrants (like BJR, GRM, Paul Morris Motorsport) came (back) to the V8 Supercars. IMO the depth of the 5.0L field was comparatively weak around '95-97, when so many good quality competitors were off in the other series (it seems like there were often only 10-14 truly professional cars entered for the 5.0L series at that time, the rest: privateers).
How much faster would the GT-R have been if Nissan had worked with Bridgestone and not Yokohama...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods