Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:16 (Ref:3835325)   #318
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The split needs to happen because the DPi's are not getting their roi. What's the point in buying one or developing one if a cheap(er) p2 can get the win for them? That's what IMSA needs to worry about. They did this to themselves though. You're not going to keep everyone happy but I think the bigger players will be happier if they don't have pro-am teams running faster because one of their drivers 'suck' and gives the indication the team needs help so they slow dpi down too much. I think that's one of the things going on currently.
The manufacturers that entered dpi knew they would be bop'd against the p2s when they decided to join, no? They aren't getting their ROI when they have won 14 of 16 races? Splitting the classes and allowing manufacturers to develop the cars further opens a huge can of worms and could potentially just become a budget war of some sort. It ain't perfect, as the bop creates in equity both ways based on tracks, but it certainly ain't broke, and the potential consequences of split classes certas only don't warrant a change..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk