View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3812687)   #347
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't know about that, I've been following F1 since 1972. Afaic, it's a question of whether I want to pay Murdoch or not for the privilege. He has a big enough monopoly on televised sport as it is.
I would be much more willing to give my money to Murdoch than Liberty Media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Was it a mistake though? His job was to maximise value to CVC for their investment. The long term future of the sport wasn't really that important in that context. Liberty are finding out now how much has been neglected for that short term gain.
Liberty Media have a long track record of doing exactly that. In fact, it might be a worse situation as Liberty is a publicly traded company.