View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3720840)   #436
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
I would be surprised if the actual race car has a front mount radiator, but it is not a good sign that they are showing what looks semi finished this close to the season start.
Yeah, it would be a bold move if they have deviated from the usual design standard!

I see Petter has a new website now (www.psrxvw.com), which includes a page for the Polo...

http://www.psrxvw.com/volkswagen-polo-gti-rx-supercar

...however the information on there is, predictably, rather limited. It does confirm that the new car is transverse though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Have you seen Ford Perfomance "Designed for Performance" about the Focus RX? It feels ridiculous to watch this and think of how things usually goes in a privateer rallycross team and of how things used to be in rallycross. It truly is a manufacture effort.
Yeah. It's a good video (it's here for any one who has missed it) and shows just how much development went into that car in such a short space of time. Pretty interesting to hear how the development was taking place in two time zones as well.

As you say, it's a far cry from some privateer efforts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
One thing noticeable is that Petter's style has had to change - the chassis is more rigid and planted, and far less nimble than the DS3. However test times have gone down so it doesn't seem to be having a negative impact!
As pleased as I am to read that Solberg has found even more speed, I'm a little disappointed to read that his driving style has had to change: I was hoping to see the new Polo as sideways as the DS3 has been on many occasions!