View Single Post
Old 24 May 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2468160)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, there comes a point when it's just too hot for comfort. I think 2003 was the last 'scorcher' with adequate shade. Spent most of the Sunday under the trees at Tertre Rouge that year. I think the last 'scorcher' was 2005 (or was it 2006), all those shady retreats had disappeared by then with only the sanctuary of the tribunes for cover (unless you headed for the wooded areas at Mulsanne or somewhere out of view of the track).
From my memory, 2003 wasn't particularly warm but yes, 2005 was off the scale and was right into the late thirties (it might have touched 40?).

The over hot one was 2000 when I caught heat stroke - not nice.