Old 19 Dec 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3788115)   #36
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I don't understand how anyone could be pretending to be surprised. Everyone knew it wasn't going to continue as soon as the results of the Montreal municipal election became apparent back in early November. I wonder if Formula E has been making any effort to replace the Montreal race(s) on the schedule? Since the Toronto IndyCar race also occurs in July, I suppose it could make sense for Formula E to use most of the same layout (modified to shorten one or two of the straights) on the weekend before or after IndyCar, if it was possible to quickly find a corporate sponsor and make the other necessary arrangements.
Or, maybe they could consider this suggestion of using Downsview Airport?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....7&postcount=21
While not as close to downtown Toronto, it does now have a new regional train (GO Transit) and subway station right there at the northwest end of the property, and presumably could provide better viewing locations than the street circuit, while likely not requiring as much annual set-up work after some initial repaving. The airfield is owned by Bombardier Aerospace, but perhaps they could be encouraged to allow it to be used for a Formula E event by the federal government, who recently provided the company with a large interest free loan.

Last edited by HighParker; 19 Dec 2017 at 16:19.