Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1036128)   #3
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by blue nose
Chris the meddlers like to change things to make them selves feel important I dont think any of them have sat in a race car before I still like the old system of pre 87 and post 86 or the other way around any way I think any change is not in the interest of the sport,well except engine parts.
Enjoying your holiday Alan? Don't forget to take those photos.

As for the 'meddlers', you don't need to have played Premier League football to know that Houllier and Ericcson were lacking in the tactical awareness department. Equally, you don't need to have raced to know that different class splits, or no classes whatsoever, would improve the FF1600 show.

Anyway, without these 'meddlers', there wouldn't be a sport to meddle with. Every sport needs it's core base of enthusiastic organisers - meddlers - to give it's participants a sport to take part in. Sadly, the vast majority of club racing drivers are never seen again once they stop racing. Wouldn't it be nice if they stopped on as marshals, or meddlers and put something back into the sport.
Quote:
any change is not in the interest of the sport,well except engine parts.
What is this supposed to mean? Why would a change to the class date split have anything to do with engine parts.

See you on the 31st - hopefully with your teddy back in it's pram.