View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3505397)   #70
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Latvala disappointing again, he still hasn't shaken off the crashing side of his driving - he really should have got a handle on it by now (will he ever?)
I have my doubts. He seems to have phases when he shakes it off, before reverting to form again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck
Easy to be wise after the event, but even after his brief off on Friday, I didn't think Ogier was out of it.
Mikkelsen could and really should have sewn it up - but a costly spin yesterday gave both Neuville & Ogier a sniff.
So going into the final stage only 3 & 4.6 sec ahead of Ogier & Neuville was always going to be tricky. And after throwing a few IRC wins away when under pressure I wasn't confident he'd do it.
Helluva performance from Ogier - but sadly for Mikkelsen, he made a mistake - and lost his first win.
However, he can take comfort from the fact that even Ogier did the same; led in Rally NZ in 2010, spun 2 corners from the end, and lost to Latvala. Came out and won the next event in Portugal, under pressure from Loeb.
Great point with regards to Ogier in 2010. I've said it before, but I must confess I'm almost willing Ogier to go off in the early stages of a rally: his driving when he has a deficit to make up is invariably spectacular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The Fiestas look to be a bit off the pace but that could just be that the drivers aren't as good?
I had my doubts on the Fiesta for a while, but I'm now of the opinion its down to the drivers. Kubica has proven that the Fiesta can be a stage winner; admittedly he is driving at 110% when he is getting these results, but to me it proves that the Fiesta does have the pace in the right hands.

Both Tanak and Evans did finish in the top 6 at least, but neither were challenging for the podium, were they? I really hope Kubica finds a way to turn himself down from 11, but somehow I can't see that happening...