View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3693774)   #13
rass cass
Rookie

rass cass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find Shae is already confirmed at MWR with the strong possibility of a previous driver returning from PRA to join him , MWR was also seen loading a Braeside built cotf into their transporter at Homebush with a second to follow.
BJR will only be running 3 dvs cars next year but there is a strong posibility of a fourth car being run by another privateer team.
MSR will have 2 T8 commodores for next year with driver lineups unchanged. Current car is actually owned by iSeek not James Rosenburg.
PRA are set to continue in dvs with a strong chance of additional PRA cars at PMM .
GRM new VF are a certainty as deals have already been done
LDM are working hard on expanding their DVS presence for next year with 2 cars a real possibility
KBR are rumoured to be moving their operation to the eastern seaboard with QLD a preferred destination
EMS is old news expect PD and either of the current drivers to confirm. PD ensures the T8 technical link that KBR are missing so it is unlikely he will not be there next year if he continues to co-drive with JW
Image/Dragon is rumoured to have had plenty of interest so expect an announcement's soon
The best chance of a female driver is still Renae with Velocity as management, unless Chelsea pulls a rabbit from her hat I do not think we will see here in a COTF next year. Dragon and Mr Park have funded her drives this year and Dragon are committed with Image and Mr Park with Chris Pither so i cant see any spare budget for Chelsea in 2017.
This all being said the field is unlikely to exceed 20 to 22 cars with only 1 project blueprint car likely to continue. Budgets to run have all increased by a minimum of 25% to cover purchase and running costs when compared with 2015 pre COTF. So much for reducing costs with the COTF .
Looks like V8 Touring cars might be the big winner here, you can see why Supercars are so keen to include V8 touring cars in their future plans.