View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3728145)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I resent your comments. There are now many true motorsport supporters who, for one reason or another, no longer watch a particular branch of the sport on TV. I, myself, are one such person, having not watched F1 for a number of years on the TV, but have actually seen it live at the circuit during that period.

The fact that I no longer watch a procession every other Sunday during the season apart from a few artificially manufactured passes (read DRS inspired), does not mean that I don't follow the sport. And having followed what is happening within the sport, it surely gives me and others like me the right to express our opinions on a forum.

That said, however, that freedom does not give anyone the right to apportion blame for an incident if they have not seen it, either live or on the TV.
I agree that anyone is allowed to have an opinion, and to express them on a forum. My point was more about making a statement of not watching a sport (or version of) and any subsequent opinion that may be expressed about the on-track action.

I think it entirely depends on what you are expressing an opinion on - if it is about how the sport is being run, or the results that are to be found in the official account of proceedings then that is one thing. If it is about actions on track, or connected to actually watching coverage, then from a position of not watching the championship makes it difficult to justify any formed opinion.