Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1991482)   #60
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Hello everyone.

My name is Matt, and I am 17 years old. I have been into motorsports for all of my life. Starting with waking up early on Sundays to catch ESPN's coverage of the Formula One races. Trust me, waking up at 7:00am when your three, that's extremely early. I then started getting into NASCAR, as, that is what my family was into very much. So, a Sunday would turn into, waking up at 7:00, to watch the F1 race, after that was over, we watched the NASCAR race at 12:00. I now currently make it out to 1 NASCAR race a year, either New Hampshire, or Dover. Oh, I forgot to mention, every year, I'd watch the Rolex 24 as well, so, I was also enamored into sports car racing. Then, when the US decided to get into the SuperTouring era, we got a touring car championship. Called the NATCC, it was a total flop, with the factory Dodge team pretty much destroying everyone. However, it bit me. Touring Cars is my favourite form of racing, anything from the BTCC, WTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc etc etc. My favourite era was the SuperTouring one though, and I still am sad to see it not around anymore, as I would have loved to been much older when it was in its heyday. I will love to start collecting diecast, books, and videos, I have gotten a job now, so, I will be buying some soon.

I also have cousins that race, so, I will eventually start racing myself, within the next five years or so I believe. Local short track racing.

Cheers,
Matt.