View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3054255)   #7
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I think Cal vs. Dovi will be very interesting to watch this year. If Crutchlow can come out on top (and he has every chance), that will be very good for his standing.
Im curious to know what everyone thinks of Crutchlow.

Personally Ive never been a big fan of his but I did enjoy watching him on a Superbike. I thought he was very underwhelming last year. He started the year well but it really seemed that the Silverstone crash knocked him back a lot. I know he broke his collarbone and its not an easy injury to ride with but I always got the feeling that there was something lacking from him from that point onwards.

I was in the Silverstone and Valencia paddocks and I couldnt get over how different Cal was at the two races. It really seemed that the season took its toll on him emotionally as well as physically. He seemed really confident at Silverstone and almost seemed to be in a shell by the time we got to Valencia. I know he took the rookie of the year crown...but beating Abraham to take that award on the last lap of the season on a much better bike doesnt amount to much of a year.

Maybe the change to the new regs will help him, it certainly seemed that way in testing. Id love it if he had a good year because it would be great for the sport in the UK but I cant see how he will be able to hold onto the Tech 3 ride without completely blowing Dovi away given that Bradley Smith is already signed