View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:50 (Ref:3722044)   #300
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
MatCoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm now back in Sydney and in front of a computer, rather than on my phone, so it's a bit easier to type.

Firstly, I'm happy to chat about anything and everything Australian GT and will be as forthcoming as I can be. I've been active with the community elsewhere and have thoroughly enjoyed providing what insight I can. Naturally there are commercial sensitivities that prevent me discussing some aspects, but wherever I can I will give you the low down. If I can't be straight, or can't comment on a topic, I simply won't.

Now, for the Grand Prix. Universal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive to the new format. The drivers loved it, the fans at the track seemed to love it. I was buried in a commentary box, but I'm told there were spectators ten deep in places, groaning and moaning as the race unfolded. The drivers and teams also liked the format, and it produced some amazing racing.

It was a shame to have only had one race televised, but it's better than no races. The race that was shown was a belter and a great advertisement for the category.

In Australian GT Championship terms we're now looking forward to Barbagallo, where all sessions will be broadcast live and in full on Fox Sports.

Before then, we're back in Melbourne next week for the opening round of the CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series presented by Pirelli. The early entry list is looking good and there are some exciting things happening that should be publicised in the coming days. It's all good news though, and should make it a cracking weekend to kick off a cracking season!