Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3747402)   #166
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either. Lexus and Acura are footing the bill for both of those teams to race and they have both said that. It's not a conspiracy, it's listening to the words out of the horse's mouth. I take what they (IMSA) say with a grain of salt, and they change their mind quickly, but if either of the Acura or Lexus programs continue as they are now I'd expect the GTD teams to protest or leave. Getting factory shoes to help out a team with true Silver/AM drivers is VERY different than CASH to fund the team.

As for the attitude, it comes from those who pontificate, preach or other denigrate others' comments when they have actually read something. Then claims come in about hidden and mysterious sources that are wrong WAY more often than right. The fact that you preach insider knowledge and then have NOTHING accurate to share is the root of the dismissive tone to my replies to your posts.

all of this