Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3747410)   #168
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either.
CORE Autosport and Scuderia Corsa are factory supported teams. No, they are not PAID to run the GTD cars, but they get assistance from the factory on the programs that other customers do not. Factory support does not automatically mean they aren't paying for cars and parts - it comes in many shapes and sizes.

For example, every team running Michelin tires could be called a Michelin factory team simply because Michelin provides the team with a company-paid technician to help them with their tires. Michelin even often refers to teams running their tires as "partners" rather than "customers."

Quote:
As for the attitude, it comes from those who pontificate, preach or other denigrate others' comments when they have actually read something. Then claims come in about hidden and mysterious sources that are wrong WAY more often than right. The fact that you preach insider knowledge and then have NOTHING accurate to share is the root of the dismissive tone to my replies to your posts.
I don't "preach" anything. I present information and expect people to take it or leave it as they prefer - that's why I post the overwhelming majority of them as RUMORS. Do I debate as though the sources are accurate? Sure - my goal is to make people think outside their box and debating as though the information is accurate can help to do so(see the posts on the IMSA PFV class rumor for a good recent example - a lot of people didn't get it at first, but after a bit of debate it's potential and potential drawbacks were far more well understood, regardless of one's belief in the rumor). And considering that, contrary to your insistence, they're at least on the right track more often than they're not, that's a fair position to take.

When hard facts are available, I provide them. I expect the same of others - if you have actual information you can link to, it is always better to do so than to cop an attitude. I get a bit of an attitude when people miss the point I'm trying to make with those rumors, sure - I'm not perfect, after all. But I try to make it a point to only do so when someone is flagrantly and deliberately ignoring said point. (I treat like unto like - if you disrespect me by deliberately ignoring a point, you get no respect in return)