View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2833750)   #31
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc View Post
the Alexander and Grant Corollas were the cars Bob got from England and the Springer car was Bob's 2nd Sprinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
I am aware off that the Phil Dowsett TOM'S Corolla went to Bob Holden, but two other AE82s raced during the 1989 BTCC; Les Liddiard and Tony Dolley. Which of those two cars went to Australia?

Jesper
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc View Post
I'm not to sure but I think Bob got 2 TOMS cars
Bob bought two ex-TOMS AE82s from England.

The only other AE82s to race in Australia were the TTA cars, one of which they sold to Sala at the right price to get him out of the hard to beat Gazelle. Sala later sold that car to Brad Stratton who raced it for many years and then sold it to Peter Herlihen a couple of years ago. Peter has now restored that car to it's TTA specification & livery. Scott King owns the other TTA AE82, it is immaculately restored.

Bob still owns & races one of his TOM's AE82s, the other is owned by Terry O'Beirne and is currently up for sale. They are not restored and both in original condition.

I bought Bob's second AE86 from Terry O'Beirne in 2007 and completed a ground up restoration two weeks ago. The 1990 ATCC round at Symmons Plains was the only time Matt Springer raced the car.