View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2930783)   #3
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be going out to the H Formula Ford bunch soon but equally applies to all entrants. Hope for good weather and a nice time.
........Croft a former WW2 RAF bomber airfield is coming up and their 'Nostalgia Weekend' activities will be even more of a show than last year.

There will be a live band and Forties Dance and Pie & Peas Supper in the Dance Marquee on the Saturday evening for all who book a place. It will be £5 a head for food and entry (pay on the night),. Please let me know if you would like to join the HFF bunch getting in the mood for a little bit of war-time silliness as soon as you can on jane.dikko@virgin.net or 01920 871153.

The organiser tells me there along with the huge Military display there will be living history displays and re-enactor groups, trade stalls will be selling a variety of period items, barnstorming period aircraft flying displays are in place and will be even more spectacular than last year and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will make an appearance.

400 classic cars will be attending as well as a fleet of Classic buses (when you want one 29 will come along!) some of which will be circulating the circuit on Sunday morning for charity rides. A special and probably rather noisy 'Battle of Tanks' will be another highlight amongst the many on the ground. Along with the odd appearance of George Formby leaning on a lampost somewhere, maybe a military band there will be Marilyn Monroes' in abundance! Before the dancing on Saturday evening sees a 1940's fashion show and period dress is encouraged by all attending.

Flat Caps and frocks at the ready please. (It's a very personal choice which you choose..!!)

If you want to find out more visit the Croft event website at http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/ and if any of you wish to use our HFF BBQ equipment anytime over the weekend (you may have to clean it afterwards!) let me know and I'll bring it along.

Provisional Timetable (the Classic race follows our HFF race, the office say this may be rescheduled for those that may want to do both. Please see any updates on the HSCC website)