View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2015, 16:34 (Ref:3566496)   #58
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Will the MK4 be on par with the current Merc or what Merc turn up with next year?
I think they can only benchmark what Mercedes is currently doing. They would have no clue as to how large or small Mercedes gains will be next year. Either way, even matching the current Mercedes PU would be a huge jump.

I am skeptical that the current unit is a match for Renault and am just as doubtful they can match Ferrari. And note, that is just on the PU side.

It just seems so odd that Honda would make such claims give how rough of a time they have had so far. Did they truly have an "ah ha" moment and figure it all out, or are they just under pressure to indicate forward movement and to get some of the heat off of themselves. This all seems like the target audience for this is not us, but McLaren (or those who back McLaren). And... don't write checks you can't cash.

Richard