View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3721882)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How about Vettel to Merc?
It's funny we all think the German image and 4 titles would guarantee him a ride anywhere yet when things don't go to plan he can be as abrasive as a Hamilton or Alonso.

I get the distinct impression messrs Wolff and Lauda are looking to remove that sort of aggravation in future not add to it.

I guess if Vettel decided to jump late in the day they might not have many other A grade choices other than an out of contact Lewis but I don't see him fitting in too well down Maranelllo way!

Then again his driving style would give them the old school warrior with a tinge of theatre (but a 3 time WDC into the bargain) that they used to love al a Gilles, Mansell, Alesi etc etc

However I am seriously going off topic!!

It's interesting that we are talking about a possible Hamilton-Vettel swap and not Bottas? If Valtteri continues to progress within that team at the rate he is doing, keeps his nose clean and nabs a few ins tis year he will be re-signed, and if he isn't he will be attractive elsewhere.

Maybe it will be Vettel and Kimi out of Ferrari and either Hamilton/Ricciardo/Alonso in alongside Bottas