View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3767112)   #183
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's Goodwood's dressing up policy that turns me off
One does not necessarily have to 'dress up' Midge, it simply a case of not dressing inappropriately. Jeans, sweater, shirt, flannels, no need to wear anything that is not in most peoples wardrobe on a daily basis. Mainly I feel one should not stand out for the wrong reasons.

Some years ago while strolling around St. Mary's I saw a family, Mum, Dad and two young boys all kitted out in Super Aguri Formula 1 gear, they looked rather stupid I thought, completely out of context for a 1950/60's Revival.

No law against it but showing a sad lack of respect for the occasion. What on earth were they thinking? That people would stop and admire their sartorial style?

You don't have to 'buy-in' to Lord March's vision, one can always stay away.

Just as bad, but unfortunately tolerated are the Bishops, Big Game Hunters, Admirals, etc who think that fancy dress is amusing. Were I in charge they would never get through the gate.

Now, where's me bowler hat ...................?