View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3773178)   #215
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
And if you want to avoid braying hoorays and saddoes in tragic fancy dress then Silverstone is the place . Or Cadwell- it's better than either .
Don't! Just don't!

I am retired and living on very limited funds. My attendance at any of these events requires flying from Ireland, renting a car plus accomodation for the weekend. Goodwood costs me about £800 including grandstand (my old legs and inclement weather). I have to give careful consideration to such matters, otherwise there'll be nowt in the pot for my cremation and disposal.

Cadwell Park - I'd forgotten about that. Mini Nurburgring and all that. Mmmmm..??? This is all going to need a bit of thought, but meanwhile thank you gentlemen for your interesting suggestions.

(PS I haven't been to Silverstone since a BTCC meeting where I watched the Brundle/Moss Audi combo. That's how long ago, but I recall the action was some distance from the standing area - at least Goodwood affords a decent proximity to the racing,)